| Assessment of Workforce Training Needs
An assessment of workforce training needs should be a systematic exploration and comparison of the way work is done and the way work could be done. The level of work being done is associated with organizational and/or individual performance. This assessment is important in maintaining the organization?s success and should be done regularly (annually or even semi-annually).
- Determine gap(s) in employees' skills
- Maximize organization's performance and output
- Diversify employees' skills
The assessment process asks:
- What would your organization be like if it were producing the highest quality product and providing the best possible service to the client/consumer?
- What challenges exist and what skills, if strengthened, would enable you to meet those challenges more successfully?
For a step-by-step guide to performing an assessment, click here.